Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thing 3

RSS feeds-cool! I have practiced a bit before writing today. I wasn't quite sure I had grasped all that I should. It appears to be very easy to use, now all I have to do is add it to my day, remember to take time to check it and read all additions. Yes, I do know that I can add a notifier, but not sure I want to dedicate myself to it just yet. More practice and more time to adjust to get exactly the news and updates that will truly help me.

I have thought a lot about how it can help my job and teachers in my building. With training and help in setting up, I think this could be a way for the entire district to share information. Gone are (or should be) the days of traveling to meetings, in services in other buildings and in district mail. With a blog line set up with feeds, everyone can be involved. Now getting the district to understand that this is a way for staff to work in their own buildings, but still share and receive needed information. I'm going to keep thinking about this idea and see if something can be started at my school soon and show the district in the fall. I am in a very techie building, people are open to trying new things. This could be very cool.

No comments: