Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thing 20

Interesting. I have not been on Facebook or Myspace before. Yes, I do have teenagers, but they are not members at this point. I have read a lot about both sites. I'm not sure at all if this is something for elementary kids. The age, after all, is 18. Our school kids have been found having myspace accounts, but since it is set up to be an adult site, I don't see that I will ever use this idea. I checked the libraries who do have accounts and I think they are doing a terrific job at getting the attention of teens and teens reading. Go to where the teens are is a very smart idea for public and secondary libraries. I may be able to incorporate some of the ideas into my web page, however. Photos of kids with books and writing/podcasting their reviews would be fun.

No comments: