Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thing 11

I was excited to look into the Del.icio.us bookmarking site. Yes, it's true I could have searched on my own long ago, but when I saw that it was a part of the 23 things, I waited to learn about it first before I went exploring. Of all the web 2.0 tools, the del.icio.us tool was the most talked about in my school. Several teachers have used the site and love it.

I have long chosen the method of bookmarking sites that I may want to use later in one long list of bookmarked sites (very similar to my filing methods, I might add). I have indeed fallen into the list of people who have forgotten the bookmarked site they need on a different computer. it seems so simple and so obvious an idea that why isn't everyone using a del.cio.us account.

In school, our tech. maintains a curriculum connections pages that allows students and staff to access sites commonly used from any computer. We do need to go further and create these sites for our own use.

Great tool, I just need to get in the habit of using it.

No comments: